4 cups sliced peaches
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp. corn starch
1 cup water
1 cup flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine peaches, sugar, corn starch and water in large sauce pan. Brin to a boil.
- Stir constantly for 1 minute then remove saucepan from heat.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in butter and almond milk.
- Combine flour mixture with peach mixture. Place in deep dish pie pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Enjoy while warm with dairy-free ice cream (I tried the snickerdoodle icecream by So Delicious)
Recipe inspired by Food.com.
I made this dish for a potluck for the Fourth of July and it was hit! A lot of my friends are vegan, vegetarian, dairy free, or some other type of restriction so this was the perfect all-american dish for the festivities! I also encourage you to go pick some fresh peaches at an orchard near you, because nothing is better!
4 peaches, sliced
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups almond milk
2 tsp. vanilla or imitation vanilla extract
2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large pot, combine peaches, 1/2 cup sugar, and water. Mix well and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until peaches are cooked down.
3. In another large pot, melt butter, 1 cup sugar, and almond milk. Slowly stir in flour and stir until thick. Clumps are encouraged.
4. Combine peach mixture with flour mixture in one pot, stir. Pour mixture into deep pie dish. Sprinkle cinnamon on top, you can’t have too much!
5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. (Batter will rise to top during baking).
6. Serve warm with ice cream! I used So Delicious’ new snickerdoodle flavor (yum!).
Recipe originated from The Southern Vegan.