4 servings of large pre-cooked shrimp (~6 per person)
1 cup of bread crumbs, I like to use cornflake crumbs for this recipe
1 cup of shredded coconut
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp of ground black pepper
1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
1 cup flour
4 tbsp. cooking oil
1. Set up your stations to make preparation go buy quicker. First have a place for shrimp, then a station for flour, then a station for the melted butter or coconut oil, then a station for the breading and then the pan, filled with 4 tbsp. of cooking oil. Trust me, this makes the process so much easier.
2. For the breading, mix the coconut, bread crumbs, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
3. Roll the shrimp in the flour, then coat them in the butter or coconut oil, then roll them in the breading, then plop them in the pan.
4. Let the fry on each side for 2-3 minutes or until breading begins to become crunchy.
5. Once the shrimp are done cooking, dry them out on a paper towel, they tend to be a little greasy if you don’t.
6. Serve and enjoy! I like to have these with just a simple side of brown rice but they are good with mixed veggies, salads and pasta dishes as well!