Go grab the last of those parsnips at the farmers market before they’re out of season, because this soup is to die for!
2 large potatoes
2 tablespoons water
3 cups of unsweetened almond milk or (my new favorite) Cashew milk
1 1/2 cups water + 2 veggie broth cubes
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 ounches of shredded white cheddar cheese
optional: croutons to garnish the soup
1. Cut up the potatoes and parsnips and put them in a microwave-safe dish with 2 tbsp. of water.
2. Put the dish in the microwave for 10 minutes or until the parsnips and potatoes are soft enough to puncture with a fork easily.
3. Once the potatoes and parsnips are soft, put them in a blender with the milk of your choice, and atleast some of the broth if not all. Blend it up until it is a smooth mixture.
4. Put the mixture in a large pot with the rest of the broth, salt, pepper and cheddar cheese. Make sure there are no lumps and it is nice and smooth.
5. Let cook on medium heat for 20 minutes. Then remove heat and serve! I garnished my soup with some lovely garlic croutons I got at Earth Fare!