My roommate and I accidentally bought 5 lbs. of spinach and needed some inspiration for what to do with all of it! After searching high and low for a new and delicious recipe, we ended up making up our own… and boy was it goooood!
1 box of shell pasta
10 oz. of spinach (remove stems)
1 clove of garlic
2 tbsp. of olive oil
1 red bell pepper
1. Boil the pasta and the spinach in the same pot for 8 – 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
2. While the pasta is boiling, mince the garlic and simmer it in the olive oil in a large cooking pan.
3. Slice the red pepper into thin strips and saute it in the pan with the garlic.
4. When the pasta is cooked, strain the pasta and the spinach, get as much water out as you can.
5. Saute the pasta and spinach with the peppers for about 5 minutes until the pasta becomes a golden brown.
6. When it’s ready, sprinkle on some feta or some mozzarella and enjoy!