My mom has recently started the Weight Watchers Challenge and has lost 14 pounds! I am so proud of her for getting healthy. But, this leaves me with yet another special diet to work around when baking/cooking for my family. Trying to search vegan cookie recipes that also have point values for WW is next to impossible. Thankfully, we both had a craving for thumbprints, and I was able to modify the orginal WW recipe to make it soy-free, dairy-free, egg-free and only 2 points for those who are watching what they eat! Oh, and I forgot to mention that they are delicious! Now this recipe calls for rasberry jam, but I believe that if you are on the WW diet, the jam just has to be sugar-free and the points will remain the same. We used two different kinds of strawberry jam to make these, half sugar-free, half regular because I like my farmers’ market jam way more than Smuckers. Let me know what you think of the recipe and maybe I’ll try to find more soy/egg/dairy-free, Weight Watcher friendly recipes!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cups sugar or cane sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp. vanilla or imitation vanilla extract
1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted and chopped
Olive oil cooking spray
1/3 cup reduced sugar raspberry jam or any sugar free jam of your choice
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
2. In another bowl cream together the butter, sugar, milk and vanilla extract.
3. Combine the flour mixture with the butter mixture and add in the chopped almonds.
4. Form the dough into 1-inch balls and place them 1-inch apart from eachother on a greased baking sheet. You should be able to make about 32 balls. Then, use your finger, or a small spoon to press a shallow divet into the top of each ball.
5. Then scoop a small amount of jam into each divet and bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes at 350, unitl the bottoms of the cookies are golden brown.
6. Wait a few minutes for the cookies to cool before placing them on a cooling rack.
Original recipe at WeightWatchers.com