That’s right, I replicated Noodle’s & Co.’s Pasta Fresca. I’ve been trying for about a year now to get the measurements of each ingredient just right, and I finally struck gold! Just in case you don’t know about this amazing chain restaurant, Pasta Fresca is a delicious combination of garden veggies and noodles, very different from any regular pasta dish. I encourage you to try it! The most important thing to remember when making this dish is to use ALL of the ingredients, you can’t forget a single one or it will not taste the same. Let me know what you all think!
1 box (4 servings) of penne noodles
4 cups of spinach
1 tsp. of minced garlic
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of garlic flavored red wine vinegar
1/2 cup of white cooking wine
1/2 tsp. of basil
1/2 tsp. of oregano
pinch of pepper
pinch of salt
extra: 1 cup of feta OR parmesan cheese
1. Cook the penne until soft and chewy. While it is cooking, prep your veggies. Take the stems off of the spinach and cut and deseed your tomatoes.
2. Prepare a large frying pan with the olive oil, garlic flavored red wine vinegar, white cooking wine and minced garlic. No matter how many servings you are making, make sure that you have equal parts olive oil, red wine vinegar and white cooking wine.
3. Once the noodles are cooked, drain them thoroughly (no excess water), and put them in the frying pan along with the spinach and tomatoes and spices.
4. Saute the ingredients in the pan on medium heat for 5-7 minutes until the oil/wine mix has been absorbed by the noodles and spinach.
5. Turn the heat off and mix the cheese in evenly in a large bowl.