1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp. of vanilla or imitation vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tbsp. grated lemon zest
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup of sweetened coconut flakes
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Soften butter and beat in large bowl until it becomes fluffy.
2. Slowly add in 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and vanilla as you beat the butter.
3. Now add in flour, lemon, and salt, still beating at medium speed.
4. Finally, add in coconut flakes.
5. Once the dough is evenly mixed, cover bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350. Form 1″ balls and place 1″ apart on a greased baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes until bottom of cookies are golden brown.
8. Remove cookies from oven and place on a cooling rack for five minutes. While the cookies are still warm, roll them in powdered sugar.
9. Let cookies cool completely and roll them in powdered sugar again.
Recipe inspired by My Recipes.