3/4 c. raw whole cashews, soaked in water overnight (8 hours)
2-3 tbsp. water
1 tbsp. coconut oil
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. Grade B maple syrup (or raw agave nectar if you’re following a strict raw diet)
1 tbsp. cacao nibs or chopped dark chocolate
1 lb. strawberries, hulled
1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. First thing’s first, soak one cup of whole cashews in 2 cups of water for 8 hours or just overnight. Drain them the following morning.
2. Next, blend the cashews, lemon juice, 2 tbsp. of water, coconut oil (I used refined), and maple syrup in a blender or food processor until the mixture is smooth. If it’s too thick to blend, add that extra tbsp. of water.
3. Now, fold in the cocoa nibs (I just chopped up my favorite dark chocolate bar from Trader Joe’s).
4. Transfer the mixture into a bowl, cover it, and let it chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
5. In the meantime, you can hull the strawberries (about 15 large ones) and clean up the mess.
6. Before you take the mix out of the fridge you can combine the flaxseed and cinnamon in a small bowl. Once the mixture is solid enough you can scoop it into the strawberries. Simply sprinkle the cinnamon mix over the strawberries and voila!
This post is courtesy of Oh My Veggies!