1 cup of uncooked orzo, white/brown rice
1 cup of water + 1 vegetable bouillon cube
½ cup of dry white wine
¼ tsp dried thyme
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
½ cup of flour
2 tbsp. of olive oil
1 lb. of sea scallops (4 or 5 per person)
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
¼ tsp. parsley
1. Bring the broth, lemon juice, white wine, thyme to a boil. Then add orzo and bring to a simmer. Let cook for about 15 minutes or until the pasta has soaked up the broth.
2. Cover the scallops in flour.
3. Sprinkle salt, pepper and parsley on the scallops.
4. Heat up olive oil in skillet.
5. Sear scallops 3 minutes on each side.
6. Enjoy with a spinach salad and white wine.