1 small beef chuck roast
6 little peppercorns
pinch of salt
2 parsnips (fresh)
2 parsley roots
2 stalks of celery
a few celery leaves
a pinch of saffron
Noodles of your choice – preferably from a special store/bakery
1. Boil beef chuck roast, peppercorns and salt for about 1 hour or until medium well.
2. Peel and cut carrots, potatoes, parsnips, parsley roots and celery. They need to be cut into large sections, so cut every into 2 or 3 parts.
4. When everything is cooked through, strain the potatoes and serve them with noodles in a soup tureen (broth should be yellow). Serve meat and veggies on a separate platter.
5. Enjoy with fresh baked Italian bread.
- Dad loves to add V8 tomato juice to his bowl.
- This meal is seasonal and some of the ingredients can only be found in the winter from November to February.